FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Players welcome every Sunday

<<

Rawr

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: New Players welcome every Sunday

alexwu98 wrote:
dogsbody0211 wrote:Het Alex the MAG facility is here http://maps.google.co.nz/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... e&t=h&z=19

its a $10 too play not including gun hire

will be good too meet you and have a chat and show you how things run in the club

Cool, I'll sure go for a look. So does the first 4 free games for new people still stand or is this different? :D not that I mind paying 10 bux for a awesome game lol

the 4 free games is for our standard field, not the cqb field. the $10 fee is for EVVERYONE including members and people still doing their 4 free games. i.e. cqb is not free for anyone because we have to pay to hire the place out as i understand it
<<

Trent the rookie

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey Guys

Im an ex paintball player and im looking to get into Airsoft and I can get my own gear and gun etc i was just wondering how much it would cost and can i still bring my own gun even though im 16?

Cheers

Look Forward to some gametime
<<

Bigspeights

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm keen to come out next Sunday, I have a g39c and a pistol (both gass)

Are those guns ok to use at the club, also are Moto googles or safety glasses enough. I have played paint ball a bit but never airsoft.

Any info would be good, cheers
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Your guns should be fine as long as they're incapable of shooting full-auto and fire at less than 350fps on 0.2g bbs. If you're unsure of the power of your guns we can test them with our chronograph at the club, if they turn out to be over the limits we can rent you a clubgun for they day for 20 bucks.

Most safety goggles be fine, like most if not all of the ones you'd pick up at bunnings would be alright. You'd just want to make sure you've got good coverage from above as you're likely to have your head down at times.
<<

Bigspeights

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Sweet, I will bring then with me if u guys can test them, might be worth bringing a rental just in case. I was also looking at buying a sniper rifle with a scope if anyone has one for sale
<<

CallumStewart

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Hey im super keen to join tag ive bought some snipers and ghillie suits for me and my dad we wanna join how can i join?
<<

Sneakers

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Hey CallumStewart!

Its pretty easy to join. All you need to do is turn up to one of our games. We play every Sunday.

You need to be atleast 16 to play at TAG.

Just a quick note about sniper rifles - With you and your dad being new, your snipers will need to be quite weak (under 400fps on .2g BBs). This is mainly a safety thing as the snipers can be quite powerful, and use of the powerful ones is restricted to members who have proven that they can use them responsibly. Also, if you're playing with a sniper rifle our rules require you to have a secondary weapon. This is because the minimum engagement distance is 20m with snipers meaning that if someone is within 20m of you, you're not allowed to shoot them (another safety thing) and you need a secondary to engage them with instead.

Saying this, I would recommend the two of you using an electric gun. We have these for hire for $20 each, including eye protection and enough BBs to last you the day.

Hope to see you out on the field.
<<

ZINC

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Is 15 too young, would you make an exception if I had written consent or if my dad actually came (not sure if he would play or not)? I have gotten into guns recently and have watched videos of the US Marines out in action protecting their country and would love to give this a shot. I have my own bb gun (M2010-B) bought it of trademe for $25 to see what they're are like and I'm pretty good at hitting targets. Obviously this isn't even close for being good on a battlefield.

You don't have to worry, I'm not immature and know these can hurt people :P

I'm more of the guy who likes to sit and wait whether it's minutes or hours, I like to be the sniper haha.

<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Hey Zinc,

Just have a read of post above yours pretty much answers all your questions.

Remember too you must be 18 to own an airsoft gun or 16 with a firearms license.
<<

ZINC

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm

ReaperNet wrote:Hey Zinc,

Just have a read of post above yours pretty much answers all your questions.

Remember too you must be 18 to own an airsoft gun or 16 with a firearms license.

Well, expect me out there the weekend after the 28th of March! Looking forward to that date now :)

Yeah, my dad bought it for me but I use it supervised.

My gun sucks kinda, the "fake" scope is 7cm above the actual area the bullet comes out of so close shooting really fails.

Hopefully you're around next March! :)
<<

ZINC

Post Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Another question, is the age a matter of your rules or law, because the law says:

Anyone under 16 years of age must always be under the ‘immediate supervision’ of a firearms licence holder or a person 18 years of age or older.

Sorry about the questions, just really want to get out there! :D

Don't worry, saw it was your own rules, cya when I'm 16 :D
<<

Sneakers

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Good spotting, and it is indeed our club rules that prevent under 16s from playing.
<<

ZINC

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Sneakers wrote:Good spotting, and it is indeed our club rules that prevent under 16s from playing.

Well, I shall keep shooting at my target I made.

Do most of your guys guns have real scopes? The one I bought has a fake one, it's just a hole.
<<

Sneakers

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Real scopes? Not quite sure what you mean.

I myself have a red dot. No magnification. Its a bit like this one, if not this one exactly: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/pro ... &orderno2=

Scopes with magnification aren't all that useful on our field. The trees are too thick, meaning you can't see all that far head of you unless you're looking directly down a line of trees.
<<

Zero

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 pm

ZINC wrote:Is 15 too young, would you make an exception if I had written consent or if my dad actually came (not sure if he would play or not)? I have gotten into guns recently and have watched videos of the US Marines out in action protecting their country and would love to give this a shot. I have my own bb gun (M2010-B) bought it of trademe for $25 to see what they're are like and I'm pretty good at hitting targets. Obviously this isn't even close for being good on a battlefield.

You don't have to worry, I'm not immature and know these can hurt people :P

I'm more of the guy who likes to sit and wait whether it's minutes or hours, I like to be the sniper haha.

LOL - :lol: :lol:

I think once you see the difference between what the TAG Players use as their Airsoft Weapons and the more lower budget type of weapon you have, You will be very surprised.
Most of the decent lower priced Airsoft Weapons start around $300 + and upwards, anything less and you are probably buying a Springer. (one you need to cock each time you fire it)

Airsoft is a great sport and most people who try it enjoy it. But it can be expensive buying all the different types of gear you might want.

Before making any mistakes and wasting your money buying gear or weapons which might frustrate you because of its poor quality or lack of suitability, We generally suggest prospective players or members come along to a game and hire a club weapon and see how it performs and see what TAG is all about.
PreviousNext

Return to General