FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gear pic/link thread.

<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Re: Gear pic/link thread.

ZaneG wrote:I noticed the FFI M81 2017 line is out now, with all the sizes still in stock, probably going to be gone in a flash like usual.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/ffi-woodland-ca ... style.html

Good spot! I need a new set too!
<<

ZaneG

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:26 pm

With the high probability that I'll actually drop some bucks on the new FFI stuff, can anyone attest to how their kneepads are?
If they fit good, stay in well etc, or if it's worth getting another brand that's slightly higher quals, or just Crye-or-die and get the real thing for an extra few bones.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:40 pm

The FFI kneepads are nice visually but they are a bit soft and lacking in velcro. So they often pull out and get almost lost.

The CRYE legit ones are boss but will set you back 50-100NZ depending on what deals you can get on ebay. I find the FFI ones visually indistinguishable from the Crye ones except for the little crye logo.

Eda has some of the FFI Deluxe versions which I think you add to cart separately. I think that they are essentially the same kneepad as above but they have velcro in the correct places and "never come out" which sounds like good deal. I think they are about 3USD more than the standard ones which come with the combat set.
<<

Poncho

TAG President
TAG President

Post Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Flazzbog wrote:Eda has some of the FFI Deluxe versions which I think you add to cart separately. I think that they are essentially the same kneepad as above but they have velcro in the correct places and "never come out" which sounds like good deal. I think they are about 3USD more than the standard ones which come with the combat set.

I have these and they are great, ever since I have had them not once have they fallen out. Downside is you cant get them anymore.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:05 pm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JJ-Airs ... 74714.html

I would give this a go if I had to start from scratch. So cheap!
<<

ZaneG

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 pm

High quality looking repro of the gear originally made by the people who collaborated with Crye to bring us the M81 Crye set we all know and love from the MARSOC Raiders.

I think a couple of pros here are the price, given that it probably still holds up against other FFI gear, you also got velcro on either side of the knee if you're someone who really likes to sinch the pant in around your leg knuckles, and perhaps what makes me a huge fan of the style is the internal kneepads.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/ffi-woodland-ca ... p-35c.html

A few in-theatre photos for reference.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c3/4a/4e/c34a ... forces.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/03/56/36 ... 71ac96.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/09/ec/ff/09ec ... l-life.jpg

^Also I found it interesting to note in that final picture, and on the guy on the right hand side in the second picture, they're sporting a CB JPC - I always thought that the only CB Crye PC they'd integrated into MARSOC was the CPC while both MC CPCs and JPCs were also used widely - Not really important, just something I noticed.

I think it's also worth saying I don't think the repro has the fireproofing capabilities of real drifire products.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

FFI is winning at repro at the moment. Devt-six dropped Semapo as their endorsed vendor and went with FFI lately.

Reapernet even made a meme about it.
<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:45 am

<<

ZaneG

Post Sat May 05, 2018 10:38 am

I'm gonna get some new boots and I'm tossing up two, possibly three options. You guys are all big fans of the MOAB mid gen1s from what I see.

MOAB gtx 1s, ideally what I want to get but I can't find them anywhere in NZ.

Salomon Evasion gtx 1s. Apparently 200g lighter than the MOAB 1s but I'm not sure on whether it's a comparable boot or going to last longer/not as long.

MOAB gtx 2s. Obviously not the "OG" but I guess the quality and coolness factor is still gonna be around the same? Can only seem to find the ugly dark brown in NZ - Image

Salomon Gtx 4D 2s. Way different price range and from what I can see, super hard to get for a reasonable price in NZ.
Thoughts on these as opposed to any of the others? Is the outlay worth what you get out of them? What do you guys think?
Ideally anything that gets me out of these long ass 8 inch suckas would be awesome, although I'm not looking to become a crocerator.
<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Mon May 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Do you have any ankle issues or go hiking on the regular? The Solomon Quest 4D GTX is the superior footwear but as you know it's expensive. I ended up getting a pair sent over from the US when they were on special.

Otherwise, consider a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D trail running shoes. I find these suitable for 95% of airsoft situations. They come in a high top/boot version also.

The MOABs are cool and all but I was disappointed with the durability. Most of the guys have replaced their pairs under warranty.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Mon May 07, 2018 2:04 pm

I'm on my 3rd pair of Moabs (under warranty). Wore then every Sunday and also for hiking, tramping etc and they got thrashed hard. I wouldn't expect more than one years wear out of the moabs; but having said that they are an excellent boot whilst they are still alive. The main fault is that the waterroof'ness just disappears once you've hammered them for few months.

I suppose the shit durability of the moabs could be a huge benefit if you have the balls to continuously replace them under warranty every year. Then they'd last forever.
<<

Eda

Post Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Similar to Flazz, on my second pair of Moabs under warranty and currently using their second generation "ugly brown" version. I don't find they stand out or look shit from a fashion perspective.

Mine are about a year old and still waterproof, though I've played significantly less airsoft in the last six months than usual.

Fun fact: the new ones don't use Goretex so you can't get infinite replacements under the Goretex warranty. Once these die I'll either have to shell out for new ones or look into something else, however they're showing no signs of wearing out any time soon, the gen twos are supposed to be more durable according to the guy in the Merrell store.

All being said, these things are comfy as heck. Pretty sure everyone who's used them (like half of TAG) would agree that they're comfy boots.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 am

TM Next Gen HK416C Custom?
Photo by some Japanese dude on the internet.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 am

TM MWS GBB Customised by some other Japanese dude on the internet.
<<

Chewie

Post Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Japanese dudes on the internet sure have some cool stuffs eh.
PreviousNext

Return to General