FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fitness / Strength Training

<<

Wysh

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Fitness / Strength Training

Hey Team,

There is a number of Timaru boys who have been joining Rafen in his adventures to Christchurch and I'm going to be joining for the first time this weekend!

I'm far from the epitome of health, but I am an active gym going and I'm about to start helping the boys increase their fitness and strength.

I wanted to know what physical activity you all do, outside of Airsoft, that focuses on increasing your fitness and strength in relation to Airsoft? (Such as carrying packs and guns for a long period of time.)
I have a plan set up which matches boot camps and other physical activity meets I've ran in the past, but just wondered if you all had some advice or tasks you've done or actively do.

Thanks in advance.
<<

Snorlax

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Fitness / Strength Training

I just cry a lot (deep heaving sobs) when I have to lift heavy packs and carry my gun a lot during events.

Seems to work fine :)
<<

Wysh

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Snorlax wrote:I just cry a lot (deep heaving sobs) when I have to lift heavy packs and carry my gun a lot during events.

Seems to work fine :)

Oh thank god, I won't be the only one! :lol:
<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:54 am

Hey Wysh, welcome.

In terms of physical activities, a group of us from TAG have an exercise group too. We co-ordinate via facebook and will get together once a week after work, for an hour or so and go for a run, climb a hill, go for a swim or whatever.

IMO long distance/endurance running is probably the strongest attribute when it comes to airsoft fitness. Players that move about the field swiftly, covering large distances and/or explode into a sprint will find themselves at an advantage. Of course you still need to be able to shoot so when Nationals starts to roll around we'll do reflex/target shooting drills and some force on force friendly matches.

I haven't found strength training to be that useful for airsoft. I'm stronger now then when i first started playing but it hasn't help me :)

Return to General