FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting back into it

<<

Rawr

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Getting back into it

Hi everyone

I know very few of you may remember me, I used to be a member many years ago. Anyway i'm looking at getting my lazy ass of the couch and back into it. I still have my CYMA AK47 but its in very poor condition :( so i'm looking at buying new or second hand (interested in SCAR-L GBB or AEG at the moment).
Seeing as i've been out of the game for a few years, are there any new importing laws that i have to be aware of when buying from overseas? or do i have to buy through a club armourer? Also are there any other local trading groups apart from AirsoftTrader?
And last question: How much does membership cost these days? (had a brief look through forums but could'nt find).

Cheers

Rawr (Nathan)
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

Re: Getting back into it

HI Rawr

Importing is roughly the same as it used to be. Reapernet wrote a good guide here. Basically you apply for a permit, usually with a letter saying why you need it (because club member etc) and then it will arrive in 2-8 weeks lol. Then you need to email whoever you're buying it from to make sure that they have attach a printed copy of the permit to the shipment. When it arrives in NZ, customs will contact you and ask you to send them the original copy of the permit, once they recieve it, they release the gun.

As for membership I think it's 160 per year.

Hope this helps :)
<<

Rawr

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Cheers mate, much appreciated :)
<<

Rawr

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Unfortunately I cant open that link Flazzbog as im not a registered member yet. Do you know if this is the correct form?

http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default ... t-2014.pdf
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Ah dang. And yes that's the right form my friend!

Return to General