FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Camo Purchasing

<<

Typicalkiwi

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Camo Purchasing

I am after some camo but as I am short and fat (Yes when you have finished laughing on the ground) where would people recommend for purchasing?
<<

Merlin

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Camo Purchasing

It really depends what you're after an how much you would like to spend. For British stuff, best bet is surplus shipped from the UK as the quality will be better than any Chinese clone, and just as cheap. The same is true for most European camos, such as flectarn. If you want US, then Flash Force Industries are the best clone Crye stuff (JKarmy are taking preorders for this years version and they tend to sell out relatively quickly), otherwise ebay or local for older versions, again chinese clones are invariably low quality and don't breath as well as the genuine article but far, far cheaper and more easily available. As for Russian gear I'm not sure, but there's a few experts in the club here, DrDee being one of the leading authorities.

As for size, I don't see you having any issues. Most gear goes into the larger sizes no problem at all, and most are adjustable, or have ties at the ankles and ways to button the cuffs if too long. Whatever size you tend to buy your normal clothes in is what you'll be looking for in military sizing too.
<<

Typicalkiwi

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Thank you for your very polite and diplomatic response to my size statement :).

J.K.Army is one I am looking at and since you have stated them as well I will be putting together an order and was wondering if anyone else was wanting something from the same site as this will save shipping costs?
<<

Merlin

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am

Just keep in mind total cost including shipping. Check with NZ Customs Duty Calculator to get an idea when you'll hit the $60 Duty and GST threshold. I think $150-$200 NZD including shipping is about the cut off to avoid getting it by the additional charges.
<<

DrDee

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Definately have a look first at Army and Outdoors, they have a lot of variety, all sizes and real military surplus stuff so its pretty cheap and no janky airsoft gear that will blow the crutch out after the first squat.

EG: USGI Woodland camo gear (like all the cool kids have) in 2XL:
https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/colle ... users-used
https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/colle ... land-shirt
For $60.

And because it is local means you can go try it on and make sure it fits properly.

Russian gear is definitely more forgiving to larger sizes at it is usually made very baggy anyway, very hard to get Russian gear on the cheap tho. If you are keen going down that path just let me know, I can point you in the right direction.

Return to General